Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunset at Sunset.

As my days dwindle here in Hawaii, I'm taking in as much as I can.
{22 days. and counting.}

Favorite things about Hawaii:

#14- Prince Kuhio Day.
A purely Hawaiian holiday that the rest of the U.S. doesn't have the fortunate opportunity to celebrate and, seeing as I currently live here, I do. In other words...
NO SCHOOL.
{happyhappyhappy}

#27- Sunset at Sunset. {beach that is}.

on our lovely day off, we decided to take a grand adventure down to sunset beach to catch the sunset. while everyone else took The Bus down, i began this little expedition with a 10 mi bike ride. now, while 10 mi is little to nothing biking, it's quite exhilarating when the whole ride is on a highway. once reaching sunset, i found darling kailey, sam, angela, and kailey's BFF from home, shelby. kallyrae, caralee, and ashley were yet to be found... {they had a little bus scheduling mix up...}.

thinking that the waves would be just a touch too rough to swim in, i left the bathing suit and was in just shorts and a t-shirt. however, sam and angela didn't care and threw me into the water.secret be told... i'm glad they did. :). soon the rest of the posse joined us and weplayplayedand splashedsplashed and took underwater picture that will later be posted as soon as i get my hands on them. after all our splishingandsplashing , we ran to ted's {a must if you're ever in hawaii} to pick up a pie {chocolate haupia... yum!} and then ran back just in time for the sunset. it was beautiful. i lack the words to describe such magnificence. so i will post pictures. even when they themselves cannot wholly captivate such a breath taking scene.

i am so grateful i live in hawaii and often forget what a wonderful pace i live in. thankfully, i have these little experiences for constant reminders. as much as i bash you my dear little island, i do, oh so very much, love you.

also. remember how i rode my bike down? yea. riding on the highway. at night. when there are no street lights for the first seven miles. not one of my most brilliant ideas. but still super fun.




{peek-a-boo sun}


{6:48:21}


{6:49:42}


{6:50:10}
{goodnight mr. sun}

More pictures to come!

2 comments:

  1. I miss those sunset at sunset days... I think that I was there the same day with them before you got there on ur bike, but left. WOW!

    ReplyDelete