Thursday, October 28, 2010

The House of the Lord, Holiness to the Lord.

"I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday"



Today I went inside the Laie, HI temple.

Because I have not yet received my endowments, I have not been inside the temple aside from the times I have gone to perform Baptisms for the Dead. However, before the temple is re-dedicated, an open house is held inviting the general public to tour the temple. This is a very special and exciting opportunity. I was full of butterflies and jitters at the thought of catching a glimpse of what I will one day in the future be able to experience in its full sacredness.

Walking into the temple, I could immediately feel that this building was very special. The spirit filled my heart and I knew it was true.

My favorite rooms were the Celestial room and the Sealing room.

Walking into the Celestial room my breath was literally taken away. I was at awe at the beauty and brightness of the room that I did not want to move. It was so pure, and white. Light flooded the room from the windows. Words cannot describe the emotions I felt standing in that room. I don't think I have ever been in a more marvelous place.

The next room was the Sealing room. Similar to the Celestial room but with a different purpose. In the Sealing room a man and a woman or a family are sealed to each other for eternity. When I went in I could not help but feel such a love for my Savior for the opportunity to be eternally sealed to my family. I am so grateful for the atonement, for the chance to repent of my sins, for the chance to be with my family even after death.

I know the Gospel is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet who received revelation and restored the church. I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves me. I know He hears my prayers and is there for my every need. I know my Savior loves me and gave His life for me. I know that President Monson is the true and living prophet and receives revelation from the Lord. I believe the words of the scriptures speak the truth and know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ. I am so glad I am a member of this church!

No comments:

Post a Comment