Monday, May 3, 2010

The young politician.

Currently reading: All's Fair: Love, War, and Running for President.
Mary Mataline is my hero.
James Carville is too.
They give me hope that I will one day succeed in my chosen major.
also.
I love their oh so very cute love story.

Last night, we spent hours helping my leetle brother, Ben, write a speech and draw and color campaign posters. You see he's running for school President. Our strategy had to be aggressive, full force. You see, when you have a bunch of 6-11 y.o. I don't think they much care for politics. That being, our posters had to pull their little kid curiosity in.
Cool Posters= Cool Candidate= More Votes= He wins.
Makes sense right?

Anyways. I must say, the posters turned out pretty fabulous. Mine was Bob Marley/ Hawaiian themes. "Do the Shaka" and everything. Emily's was Napolean Dynamite's "Vote for Pedro" themed. It was quite HIlarious. I must say we make quite the clever pair of sister's. Potential future campaign managers? Yesss. I don't think Emily would go for it though...

I'm so proud of you, Ben. GOOD LUCK!

1 comment: