Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Secret.

i have found that i often like to know
everything about everyone.
this knowledge being beyond gossip or rumors.
beyond basic or common knowledge.
but the inner being.
their essence.

who are they, really.
what are their hopes and dreams.
what were they like as children.
what do they love. loathe.
what do they believe in.
why are they the way they are.

when i can't know this,
or figure it out.
it bothers me.
almost to the point of obsession.

why is it that one would hide away from the world, so.
what is it that keeps one from revealing the truth.

i most likely inherited this curiosity from my father.
with everyone he meets, without fail,
the questions come out.
"what's your name"
"where are you from"
"what do you do"
"do you have children"
"do you live around here"
if i were a stranger,
i might find him a bit creepy.
i am sure many do.
but with his goofy smile,
i don't think i'd really mind.

i would consider myself a pretty open person.
it would be pretty hypocritical of me not to be.
but i have no secrets to hide.

or do i?

my sister once told me i had a strong personality.
i have yet to understand what she really meant by that.
but, like previously stated, i like to think myself as an open person.
maybe this comes as a shock to people from such a private society.
i will tell you my life story.
though, there will not be much to tell.
but if that is what it take for you to trust me
and tell me your secrets.
go ahead.
read me.
i am an open book.

the world is mine.
and i am the world's.

{photo by Justin Blanton}

No comments:

Post a Comment