Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Living Musical.

How lovely would it be
if life had background music.
I often find myself
stopping mid action
and thinking,
"Hey, this would be a perfect time
for [a particular song] to begin playing!"
Sometimes
I get the sudden urge
to break out in song and dance.
But considering that
I fail at both,
I do my best to refrain myself.
How lucky
are the characters in movies
to be able to live their lives
to the tunes of songs,
to the notes of music.

How lucky
is Maria
to sing about dears and jam.
Elfaba,
the defiance of society.
Christine,
the angel of music.
Valjean,
the search for oneself.
And so I am left with two options.
To sing and dance in spastic spurts,
possibly living with a boombox tied to my back,
volume at full blast.
Or, continue to live to the tune in my mind.
At least then,
the music will always be
perfectly set and intune.
And for all the other times
when the music in my mind
will simply not suffice.
Well.
That's what KallyRae is for.
For all those moments
in which the silence cannot be kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment