Monday, February 1, 2010

The Witness.

There are a lot of parts to who i am.

There is the physical:
human. bone, flesh, blood, heart, muscle.

There is the mental:
brain. thoughts. torturous thoughts.

There is the emotional:
a jumbled mess. just happy to be alive.

There is the spiritual.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

We are often recognized and known as the Mormons. However, people often misinterpret what we believe in and stand for. So, I write to testify, to bear witness, of the truth.

I know that my Heavenly Father lives and loves me. I know that His Son, my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, willingly came to earth so that He could atone for our sins. I know that He loved me enough to die for me, so that I may one day be saved and return to live with my Heavenly Father. I know that He loves me and knows me personally. I know that He is there to comfort me and lift my burdens. He knows my troubles and my fear. He knows what i take joy and happiness in. He knows me.

I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and restored the living gospel. I know that, through God, he was able to translate the Book of Mormon, and return to us what was once lost.

I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that it holds His teachings and bears witness of Him. I know that it is true along with the Bible and other doctrines of the Church.

I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the true and living prophet and receives direct revelation from God.

I believe in the commandments, principles, and standards of the Church. I believe that it is by these guidelines that I am able to live a happier life.

I truly believe, with all my heart, in the power of prayer and repentance. Without either, I would be unable to endure many life's trials.

I believe in the ability to have an eternal family. Through righteous living and the sealing of the Church, I will be able to keep and live with my family for all eternity.

I believe that this is the one true Church and am so grateful to have it in my life.

I bear witness of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



One of my favorite hymns: http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=136&searchsubseqstart= &searchseqend=136&searchsubseqend=ZZZ= &searchseqend=136&searchsubseqend=ZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment